This webpage will be a key resource as newly-admitted students prepare for the academic year. CIM's incoming student  Facebook group  will be a great place to network with other new students, learn about additional resources, ask current students questions about classes, the CIM community, and more. For graduate students searching for additional housing information and resources, please review our housing page

During these uncertain times, we want to reassure our new students and families that we are committed to the health and safety of our entire community as well as ensuring our students continue to receive the best education. CIM leadership, staff and faculty are discussing every possibility for welcoming you to campus in the fall. In the event you are unable make it to campus in person (perhaps due to ongoing travel restrictions or delays), we will work with you to ensure that in addition to your academic classes, your ensemble and chamber music requirements are met. Find updates regarding COVID-19 and campus guidelines at

Pre-arrival checklist

Here’s a month-by-month guide of what needs to be completed before you start your classes this fall! Have questions? Get in touch:

Financial Aid: 
Student Affairs/Residence Life:

May To-Dos

Complete by May 15

All Students:

Students Living in CIM Student Housing:

International Students:

Complete by May 31

All Students:

Students Living in CIM Student Housing: 

June To-Dos

Complete by June 30

All Students: 

  • Request the final official transcript of last education level. Transcripts can be mailed to: Cleveland Institute of Music, Attn: Registrar, 11021 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106. Electronic transcripts are also accepted as official as long as they are sent by your school through a third-party service, e.g. Parchment.

Specific details regarding final official transcript requirements are found on CIM’s Admission Policy.

International Students: 

  • Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee after receiving the I-20. 
  • Apply for F-1 visa. Use the US Embassy website to obtain information on F-1 visas for your specific country. This will help you prepare for your visa interview. If you are currently in the United States on an F-1 visa, your SEVIS record should be transferred from your current school to CIM. The Transfer-In form should be sent to CLE214F00221000 from your current school. 

Students with Federal Financial Aid: 

Complete any required items noted on the Financial Aid tab of your Populi account (see Financial > Financial Aid).  

July To-Dos

Complete by July, date to be determined

Note that almost all of these tasks require your CIM credentials, which you will receive no later than July 15, 2022. 

All Students:

  • Set up your CIM email and your access to the student information system. 

Complete by July 31

All Students:

  • Register for classes. Your academic plan will be available to you in mid-July through the student information system. Details will follow.
  • Submit photo for ID card.  
  • Send any known educational accommodations and documentation to Dean Hogan at If you believe you will require academic or another accommodation, send documentation to Dean Schonberg. 
  • Student balances due for fall semester will be available in the student information system by July 16. Log in to your account, review the information, and arrange payment to be made by August 9.

Students Living in 1609 Hazel (CIM student housing): 

  • Complete the Meal Plan Selection form, if you are adding a meal plan. (CIM does not require residential students to enroll in a meal plan, because 1609 Hazel suites are equipped with full kitchens.) 
  • Submit the Health Tracking Form.
August To-Dos

Complete by August 9

Note that all of these tasks require your CIM credentials, which you will receive in June.

All Students:

  • Log into My Health Connect, click on "Forms,” and complete the following: 
    • Privacy Statement 
    • Medical History 
    • Immunization History - You may need to contact your health care provider to obtain your immunization history. Your medical provider may complete the Immunization Worksheet or provide official copies of your immunization records. 
  • Pay your bill in full or begin a payment plan.